VPS installation of Fossapup Storage | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Jesse Hiserp
Jesse Hiserp Apr 28

Hello, I've just had Linux (Fossapup) installed on a VPS for the second time because I keep having an issue.

I say had because my VPS Provider doesn't let me manually install it, and they do it themselves, so I don't know the process. Either way, my storage space is always at about 300-400MB, and every time I reboot I always get asked to make a save file/folder, when from what I'm gathering it should only be for the first shutdown. I asked the VPS Provider to use the "Full" installation, but it seems they've picked "Frugal" again, so either they didn't understand or they don't care.

Is there a way to expand the storage? I can't do it through the Utility made for that exact reason, because it says I'm "not using a personal persistent storage file", and again, keeps thinking this is the first time I booted the OS. I'd like for the OS to use the entire disk/partition, and not save every time I shutdown, in short, I want to use this like a normal Linux system. Is there a way I can reinstall it as "Full" myself, since I'm assuming the people at this VPS Provider are only capable of doing "Frugal"?
Thank you.

Avah Martinez
Avah Martinez Apr 29
Have no idea why you even want to put Linux on a VPS and run it that way, but I guess that is up to you.
Drake Heyman
Drake Heyman Apr 29
Dealing with storage issues can be a real pain, especially when your VPS provider isn't giving you the setup you need. It sounds like you're stuck with a ""Frugal"" installation when you want a ""Full"" one. One workaround could be to reinstall Linux yourself, but that's a hassle.Personally, I use this cheap dedicated server, and it's been solid for me. It gives me full control over the setup, including storage options. Might be worth looking into if you're fed up with your current provider's limitations.