What about Circular Quay? from Fast Maxi's blog

Circular Quay is always a hive of activity being a major transport hub interconnecting trains, buses and ferries. Circular Quay is also central to Sydney's major attractions: The Sydney Harbour Bridge, The Rocks and Sydney Opera House. There are often many talented buskers and street entertainers delighting passers-by. Referred as a gateway to the wonderful experiences one can revel in at Sydney Harbour, Circular Quay inevitably becomes a must visit tourist spot in the whole of Australia. Bordered by the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House in Sydney Cove, Circular Quay is located in the historic side of Sydney, at the foot of Central Business district.

It is a convenient access point that allows tourists to discover the many natural harbours the city is blessed with. And acts as the main junction for ferry and cruise departures with a ship leaving almost every minute. From here, tourists can also board buses and trains that run in regular frequencies to iconic tourist destinations; such as bus 333 that goes to Bondi beach.

Walking along the shores of Circular Quay, visitors can witness spectacular views that lead up to several attractions. Walsh Bay, the world’s largest steel arch bridge, Barangaroo Reserve and the Barangaroo precinct are a few to name. Being a centre point, Circular Quay also becomes the starting point of many tours - guided walks, special food cruise tours, tall ship tours, and several others.

The area is surrounded by some of the most renowned restaurants like Aria Sydney, Quay, and Bennelong and also by rooftop cafes which offer beautiful harbour views. It also houses the Gateway food court which comprises 25 varieties of fast dining options. Therefore, leaving no scope for disappointment amongst foodies. Moreover, for tourists who would like to go the local way - Opera Bar and Bulletin Place are the top picks! Circular Quay Activities

  • Tour. Thunder Jet Boat.
  • Tour. Sydney Highlights Cycle Tour.
  • Attraction. Justice and Police Museum.
  • Tour. Harbour Sights Running Tour.
  • Attraction. Customs House.
  • Tour. Great Blue Mountains Traverse - Life's An Adventure.
  • Tour. The Real Sydney Tour.
  • Tour. Sydney Photography Workshop.
Why is it called Circular Quay? It was originally known as Semi Circular Quay as the original wharves lining the cove were semi-circular. Over the years the name was shortened by popular use to Circular Quay and the cove was given corners to make maximum use of its wharves.

 Who owns Circular Quay? As part of the deal, Mitsubishi Estate's holding in One Circular Quay will increase from 19.9 per cent to 66.7 per cent, while Lendlease will own the remaining 33.3 per cent of the JV. How busy is Circular Quay? Circular Quay Station is also now the 10th-busiest station on the Sydney Trains network, whilst Circular Quay itself is the network hub for water transportation in Sydney — with seven major ferry routes, as well as multiple tourist and private cruises stopping there. Who designed Circular Quay? Brian Zulaikha was the consultant architect responsible for design co-ordination of the highly successful $120 million Circular Quay Project for the NSW Government. How has Circular Quay changed over time? Circular Quay was originally built as a port for commercial shipping. When these operations became too large for the area in the 1880s they were moved to Darling Harbour. Circular Quay became a commuter hub for passenger ferries, trams and pedestrians. 

Want to visit Circular Quay, then Book a Maxi Taxi Sydney from Wav Maxi Cabs is the Best Alternative cabs among.

Click Here To See More   

     Blog home

The Wall

No comments
You need to sign in to comment


By Fast Maxi
Added Oct 21 '22



Your rate:
Total: (0 rates)